Ghost Followers on Instagram could be hurting your brand
Every day you spend an hour creating that perfect Instagram post, you hit the “share” button and then you wait anxiously for the likes and comments to start rolling in. Just like the good ol’ days.
But the times have changed. You no longer receive the same level of engagement that you used to. You’re working hard to create and conceptualize some great content but regardless of anything you do, the results are headed in the opposite direction. Instagram’s new algorithm doesn’t help but you also need to be wary of your Ghost Followers.
What are Ghost Followers?
A Ghost Follower is an Instagram account that follows you but never actively engages with you (i.e. never likes or comments on any of your Instagram content). You’ll see a constant stream of random followers on your profile that do so in the hopes of a follow-back but never really interact with your content.
Historically, your Instagram feed was composed of posts appearing in reverse chronological order. There were no exceptions to this rule. Instagram introduced their new algorithm that rearranged posts based on the kinds of posts you would like. One of the most important factors that Instagram considers when displaying your content: how engaging that piece of content really is to the viewer.
E.g.: Accounts that have 1000 followers and have an average of 100 comments and likes have a greater chance of coming up on suggested/explore page since their engagement rate is 10% rather than a page which has 10,000 followers but has only 200 comments and likes, with an engagement rate of 2%.
How to identify a Ghost Follower?
You can start by looking for users who have any of the following:
- 0 followers
- 0 posts
- No profile picture
- High ratio of people they follow to followers
- 0 posts in the last 30 days
- 0 posts in the last 60 days
- Username filled with random numbers
How to get rid of these Ghost Followers?
- 1.Instagram purposely makes it hard to find and unfollow people at one time, but there are some tools that can help you keep tabs on and unfollow Ghost Followers on Instagram. Watch the below video to learn how:
- Another app you can use is ‘Cleaner for IG’, this app does something very similar in the video. The free version can help you understand which are the followers you need to clean up. It has a pro version that can help you manage multiple accounts for just AED 10.99
Bye GhostsTags: smm services, smo services, social media marketing agency, social media marketing companies, social media marketing services, social media optimization company