Holiday contest ideas for your brand on social media
Have you prepared your Facebook page for the holidays?
According to Mashable, 65% of shoppers tap social media looking for the perfect gift.
Any day now, your fans will start to look at your business’s Facebook page for holiday offers, promotions, events and deal information. Being able to engage your audience is crucial during the festive period of the year.
Did you know? More than 63% of Facebook users say they are likely to share a link to a holiday contest or giveaway
In this article, you’ll find three simple contests to make your Facebook page festive for the holiday.
★ Photo contests: Conduct contests in which users have to post their photos in order to qualify for a competition. An average Facebook users posts 217 photos every year.
1) Holiday “Costume” Photo contest – Theme ideas: Ugliest holiday sweater, Best Santa Claus/Mrs.Claus or elf, etc.
2) Family photo contest : Theme ideas: most creative and/or awkward family holiday photos.
Tip: Decide ahead of time if the winner is chosen randomly by your community or through a voting process
★ Essay contests: An essay is really just a contest that involves text rather than photo or video. These contests work well as there are some conscious users that don’t like to share personal photos on social media.
1) Recipe contest: Entrants upload their favorite holiday recipe (you can also require a photo for entry for additional engagement).
2) Storytelling: Fans can share short stories on their favorite holiday tradition.
3) Dear Santa Letter contest: Fans write letters to Santa about why they should win the prize.
Tip: Let your Facebook community vote for their favorite entry
★ Fill in the blank contests (If users finish this sentence, they are entered in the competition to win the prize)
Fill-in-the-blank status updates receive about 182% more engagement than other kinds of status updates
1) All I want for Christmas is _______
2) The movie/song that best captures the holidays for me is __________
(If they post the title of their favorite holiday/movie or song, they are entered in the competition to win the prize)
3) I found out the truth about Santa Claus when _____________
(Adding a little bit of humour in the contests, Users should comment on how they found out that Santa Claus isn’t real)
Tip: Choose the winner randomly using a comment/like generator for complete transparency. You could even go LIVE to build more trust with your audiences
The holidays are perhaps the best times to use a contest to it’s greatest advantage, as this is when the public is primed for shopping. Holiday inspired promotions pack a powerful punch when it comes to building brand awareness, and purchase consideration.Tags: facebook advertising agency, Social Media Marketing